What is Telehealth?
Through this service, you have the opportunity to speak with licensed doctors around the world — by phone or video — to discuss your symptoms and the best next steps. You can schedule an appointment without leaving work, home, or wherever you may be, 24 hours a day.
Global Telehealth features:
- Video or telephone consultations with a doctor (available in multiple languages)2
- Diagnoses for non-emergency health issues
- Prescriptions for common health concerns, when medically necessary3
- Non-emergency pediatric care
- Referrals to specialists within the Cigna provider network
Examples of when to use Telehealth:
When Living Abroad or Traveling:
- Moving abroad - You have recently moved abroad and are unfamiliar with your new country’s health system, or would like to speak to someone in your native language.
- Business travel - You are on a short-term business trip and feel unwell, and you have no knowledge of how to find a doctor in your location or how much it might cost.
- Holiday - You are on holiday, either alone or with your family, and someone gets sick or has a minor accident and you don’t know how to reach a doctor for advice.
Day-to-Day Health Issues:
- Cold or flu – You started not feeling well with sneezing, cough, and a mild fever.
- Minor accidents – You tripped and fell causing minor injuries and abrasions.
- Behavioral health concerns – You are concerned about your level of stress and anxiety.
- Post-hospitalization advice – You recently left the hospital and have some questions regarding follow-up care and medications.
- Chronic conditions guidance – You have diabetes and would like some guidance on how to actively manage your condition.
- Fever - Your child has low grade fever and you need advice on the causes and tips for lowering it.
- Cough - Your child has a persistent cough and you would like to ask how to manage it and provide relief.
- Rash - Your child has developed a rash and you need information on potential causes and advice on what you can do to treat it.
- Stomach issues - Your child has stomach pain or diarrhea and you need advice for the appropriate course of treatment.
- Pain management - You need advice on how to manage back, leg, or contraction pain, or want to know whether the pain you are experiencing is normal.
- Morning sickness - You are experiencing frequent morning sickness and need advice on how to manage it.
- Medication - You’ve been prescribed medication and you want to confirm that it’s safe to take during pregnancy and what dosage you can have.
- Food - You have questions or concerns about what kinds of food are safe to eat during pregnancy, at which stages, and in what quantity.
For additional information, check out our global telehealth case studies:
How do you access Telehealth?
Depending on your plan and location, you can connect with health care providers and licensed therapists online using a phone, tablet, or computer. Use the Cigna Envoy website or app to make an appointment with a licensed doctor 24/7.
Download the Cigna Envoy App Today4
1. Telehealth services may not be available in all jurisdictions. In general, to be covered by your plan, services must be medically necessary and used for the diagnosis or treatment of a covered condition. Not all prescription drugs are covered and prescriptions are not guaranteed to be written. Providers are solely responsible for any treatment provided and are not affiliated with Cigna. Not all providers have video chat capabilities and video chat may not be available in all areas. Telehealth providers are separate from your health plan’s provider network.
2. Video consultations are available in English and Spanish. Telephone consultations are available in multiple languages.
3. There are instances where a prescription may not be issued, including, but not limited to, chronic patients that are monitored regularly, unlicensed medications or not FDA approved treatments, narcotic medications, sleeping tablets, sedatives, hypnotics or benzodiazepines, barbiturates, specialist only medication. Not all medications may be covered under your employer’s medical plan. See your plan documents for costs and details of coverage.
4. The downloading and use of the Cigna Envoy App is subject to the terms and conditions of the App and the online store from which it is downloaded. Standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges apply. The Apple logo is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.
This information is for educational purposes only and is not medical advice. Always consult with your health care provider for appropriate examinations, treatment, testing and care recommendations.
Products and services are subject to availability and may not be available in all jurisdictions and are expressly excluded where prohibited by applicable law. Terms and conditions may apply. In the U.S., Cigna Global Health Benefits® group medical and dental plans are insured or administered by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company. In the U.S. and Canada, group life, accident and disability plans are insured or administered by Life Insurance Company of North America. In Canada, group medical, dental, vision, and evacuation plans are insured or administered by Cigna Life Insurance Company of Canada. Employee Assistance Programs are administered by or through Evernorth Care Solutions, Inc., and Evernorth Behavioral Health, Inc. or affiliates and contracted companies. In other jurisdictions, products and services are offered by or through Cigna Global Insurance Company Ltd. or affiliates and contracted companies. Products and services may not be available in all jurisdictions and are expressly excluded where prohibited by applicable law. The information on this site is only a general description of benefits. All insurance policies and group benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. Please consult your licensed agent or contact Cigna for product availability, costs, and complete details of coverage. The Cigna name, logo, and other Cigna marks are owned by Cigna Intellectual Property, Inc.