What to do if you have a complaint?
At Cigna, providing excellent customer service is something we always strive to achieve. We appreciate that sometimes, that doesn't always happen.
If that’s the case, we want you to tell us about it so we can have the opportunity to put matters right. If you have any cause for complaint, or wish to highlight any concerns, please contact Cigna in the first instance:
How to complain?
- … in writing Cigna Global Health Benefits, 1 Knowe Road, Greenock, PA15 4RJ
- … by phone +44 (0) 1475 492 197
- … by email Ice.Team@Cigna.com
Complaint handling timescales
- We endeavour to acknowledge your complaint within 5 business days from when the initial complaint was received.
- If the complaint has not been settled by this time, you will receive a further update within 20 business days (4 weeks) from the date the complaint was received.
- The final decision will then be issued within 40 days (8 weeks) of the complaint being received, if the complaint has not been settled beforehand.
If the complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may refer the matter to the relevant Ombudsman Service, as detailed in your member booklet and final decision communication. Further information in respect of the various Ombudsman Services can be found at the below listed websites:
The Financial Ombudsman www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Ombudsman der Privatversicherung und der Suva http://www.ombudsman-assurance.ch/typo3/index.php?id=165
Channel Islands Financial Ombudsman https://www.ci-fo.org/